Wednesday, September 3, 2014

In Which Miss Hoppington Gets Very Wet

Brrr, friends!
After my early morning adventure in Skagway, I boarded a bus and drove out of the country. Yes, up the Klondike Highway until we were in... Canada! We drove to Fraser, BC, which sits about 7 miles inside Canada and is the first place that the Klondike Highway and the White Pass Railway meet.

We got off at Fraser for our next adventure, kayaking. There's a lake across the tracks from the customs house at Fraser that was made by a glacier. Remember how I said glaciers made mountains by scraping and pressing down? Well, they made lakes sometimes, too, and the water from the remaining glaciers feed the lakes which makes the water very cold. Unfortunately, I got very wet; Miss L. kept splashing me by accident but I still had so much fun. I was also very glad when we were done. We had hot cider to warm up and snacks while we waited for the White Pass Railway to take us back to Skagway. I'll have to tell you about the train ride next.
You can't see me but I'm riding in the center of the kayak!
Slowly getting warmer,

Hedda





No comments:

Post a Comment